Re: startx doen't die on logout

Shoshana Rosenthal wrote:

Hi,

I am running fedora 2.4.22-1.2174.nptlsmp on my PC. I have dual monitors.
The video controller is a VGA compatible controller, NVIDIA Corp.
I have installed NVRM version: NVIDIA Linux x86 NVIDIA Kernel Module 1.0-5336
and configured XF86Config. The X session seems to work fine,
with the exception that when I logout of the session, I don't
return to the login window. I have to kill startx from a remote session.

Does any one have any clue what the problem might be?

Are you running in runlevel 3 or 5?

The only way startx is commonly used is in runlevel 3, to start the graphics interface.
To kill it in that setup use ctl-alt-bksp and it will return you to the command line.

If you are in runlevel 5 (graphics) I don't have a clue. :-(

TIA
Shoshana