RE: Call for IT Survey Participants

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 15:51, Don Levey wrote:
> fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >> Doesn't your OpenOffice open XLS-format spreadsheets?  Mine does.
> >> -Don
> >>
> > Yes Don,
> >
> > The point wasn't that I can't...
>
> So what you're saying is that it's OK to skew the survey in favour of
> MS products, to stand on principle.  Additionally, phrasing your question
> as you do suggests that only someone who runs MS Office would even try
> to open the file.
>
>  -Don

Maybe I could have stated my opinion better. I would have rather seen a
survey targeted so that anyone could participate (ie... web based).  Not
only could my MAC users participate, but he could run reports without
having to compile results.

I, using open office, can open and save excel files. My MAC users cannot
(Ok, they could if they installed open or MS office).  They also don't
have real need. Most of our internal documents are postscript files or
pdf format.

My point was if he wanted a fair and biased survey, he could have chosen
a better format to offer it in (ie... Web Based).  If it's going to be a
MS skewed survey, it doesn't matter what I ask for, or even what format
the survey is in.  If he wants MS to come out on top... it will.

This is a silly discussion...

Let's end this discussion on these grounds:
http://www.badsandwich.com/retard.jpg

No offense intended...  Just have better things to do then continue
this... And it does ring true..

:)

-Mike

ps- No offense intended to the truly mental deficient.