Re: Anyone here use clamav?

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:40:37 -0800 Preston Crawford <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In the version for Fedora that I run (I know, they all should be the
> same) there is no "freshclam" utility for updating the virus
> definitions. Does anyone know why this is?

i scarfed up the clam rpms the other day. there were two sets
i could see for clamav, one based on 0.65 (bad) and one
based on the much more recent 0.68-1:

clamav-db-0.68-1.rhfc1.dag
clamd-0.68-1.rhfc1.dag
clamav-0.68-1.rhfc1.dag

i don't recommend using a 0.65 based rpms, there is a known
DOS against 0.66 and older (i may be somewhat sensitizied
to this, as i spent part of last saturday cleaning up the mess
after a DOS against a server running 0.60.)

anyway, freshclam is most assuredly included in that particular
set of rpms.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx