Wine, DC120 cam, and OneTouch Scanner problems.

I've read all I can find, including searching in the archives, and am still stuck.

I have dloaded Wine, and clicked on the icon of the RPM file to install, and Wine still won't work.  It only gives me an "open with" box when I try to access Notebook.exe.

My DC120 camera is found with no problem when booting into "root" but not found in user boot into KDE.  The "Digital Camera Tool" won't "add" it, and I don't know what port to list.  It is a serial port, and there are COM1 & COM2 on my motherboard.

I have a Visioneer OneTouch 6600 USB scanner.  It is found in my USB components, but won't work or configure.

Both the scanner and camera work fine in Win98SE, but I am trying to get away from Win altogether.

Help?
Jim