Re: How to downgrade an RPM on FC1?

Never tried but man rpm gives:

      --oldpackage

Then i suppouse that you can try rpm -Uvh --oldpackage
<package_to_downgrade>

HTH ( and HTR )

David Ballester Montolio
Responsable de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
Kern Pharma, S.L.
www.kernpharma.com

GNU!

|         |           "Erik P. Olsen"    |
|         |           <erik@xxxxxx>      |
|         |           Enviado por:       |
|         |           fedora-list-bounces|
|         |           @redhat.com        |
|         |           22/03/2004 11:03   |
|         |           Por favor, responda|
|         |           a "Erik P. Olsen"; |
|         |           Por favor, responda|
|         |           a For users of     |
|         |           Fedora Core        |
|         |           releases           |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |     Para:     fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx                                                                                        |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |     Asunto:   How to downgrade an RPM on FC1?                                                                               |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi all,

I have very little experience with Linux and Fedora, but I would like to
downgrade an application on Fedora to the previous level because I am
convinced
that the level that came with FC1 has a bug which the previous had not
(sane
1.0.12 with hp scanjet 7400c).

Is there a safe way to retrofit sane 1.0.11 onto FC1?

--
Regards,
Erik P. Olsen