Re: My questions still unanswered

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 03:35, Scott Talbot wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 11:50, Chris Botha wrote:
> > My directories in the homes sections gives me trouble!
> > When I greate a folder (right click, new, folder) it is not visable until I
> > refresh the screen,
> > this is on a workstation. I would like to know how I can prevent this.
> > The thing is users will think that their folders are not created and
> > will create a heap of them, Next time that they log in
> > their folder will be flooded with folders.
> >
> 	What window manager do you use?  I am using Gnome and do not have your
> problem.
>
> Scott

Is FAM related to this? I seem to recall for nautilus to detect changes
to the file system it relies on the fam (blasted cdrom problem!) daemon
running in the background. If it is not, nautilus will not see the
changes until you manually refresh it.

FAM is a service, so you can use chkconfig to see if it is set to run at
boot time.

Doug