Re: LDAP how to

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 22:33, Ben Steeves wrote:

> I've used eDirectory, OpenLDAP, and SunONE (now Sun Java Directory
> Services), and they all have their good points and bad points.  So far
> SunONE has been the fastest, most reliable, and most scalable.
> EDirectory is also quite powerful.

I forgot the whole point of my response, which was to point at SunONE's
documentation... although there's A LOT, most of it's not  SunONE
specific and it's very well written.  It's how got my feet wet with LDAP
in the first place:

http://docs.sun.com/db/coll/S1_DirectoryServer_52

There's more on Sun's site... look for 'iPlanet Directory Server',
'Netscape Directory Server', and 'Java Directory Server', too.

--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs@xxxxxxxxxx
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves@xxxxxx