Re: real time sound

S. Gongola wrote:
I mostly pipe everything through SDL. mplayer works through SDL, and most games use SDL. Like when I'm playing a shooting game when I press fire, I hear the shooting sound about a second later. Can I do anything to SDL to give it realtime priority?

I had similar issue when i switched from oss to alsa (via mobo with onboard sound, 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl kernel). Look at the logs, there sould be a few lines at the sound card initialization that asks you to set an option for the driver. I tried one and now there are no more delays. (I'm not at my box now so i can't tell you exact name and value of the option)

And what about artsd. When I click the run with realtime priority check-box it doesn't do much?