Multiple versions installed by rpm

When I run apt I get a warning that "There are multiple versions of
"libxslt" in your system."

rpm -q libxslt reveals them to be:
libxslt-1.0.33-2
libxslt-1.1.2-1_4.rhfc1.at

IIRC, I installed the at version to support mythtv and/or alsa.

My first question is more phiI don't want to forlosophical:  why did rpm
allowed this to happen, since I thought the main idea behind rpm was
managing this kind of thing.

The more practical question is what do I do about it?  I tried removing
libxslt-1.0.33-2 but quickly descended into dependency hell with

Failed dependencies:
        libxsltbreakpoint.so.1 is needed by (installed)
php-domxml-4.3.4-1.1
        libxslt = 1.0.33 is needed by (installed) libxslt-devel-1.0.33-2
        libxslt = 1.0.33 is needed by (installed)
libxslt-python-1.0.33-2

I don't want to force the removal and break some other package.  I don't
want to remove the at version and break mythtv (or whatever I installed
it for).  Is there an apt-like tool that removes packages while
respecting their dependencies?  Any advice appreciated.

Bill