Re: LDAP how to

Preston wrote:

Is there some LDAP how to specifically focused in Fedora?

Here is Alexander's sage response when I asked virtually the same question:

I don't think there is a ready step-by-step howto available. But as in
general, do a bit of research like using google you will find some
spread information. One page I quickly found is

http://www.ldots.org/ldap/

There are a lot of other pages about OpenLDAP. You could also buy a
book. Do not expect someone else is doing your work  Or would you pay
me?

You first have to set up an slapd, then create a scheme (ldif) and at
last modify the authenfication mechanisms on the other machines.

Alexander

Since what I am hoping to do is somewhat more than just setting up ldap base auth for FC1 I have a bit of reading and thinking to do.

Mike