RE: Hard Lock with Fedora Core 1

Norman,

Thank you for the configuration settings.  I will try those tomorrow.

Funny that BSD/OS ran for so long without hard locks.  Since Linux is
aggressive in using memory, I was thinking it could be a memory (RAM) issue.
So I am running memtest86 3.1 overnight on the machine to grill the RAM.  If
there are no memory errors detected I'll try those settings tomorrow.

I have a console cable.  I'm assuming I just connect it to Com1 and watch?
I'll try it tomorrow.  I use console cables all the time for network devices
and Suns, but not much for x86 boxes (which this is).

On the one hand this is frustrating, but on the other, that's how you learn,
right?!?

Thanks again,
   <> Jim