Samba under Fedora

I was wondering is anybody else here has had trouble mounting remote share points when using the Samba client that comes with Fedora.

I took a box with Fedora on it fully up2date'd and attempted to mount a
Windows 2000 server in a domain setup from my linux box. The mount worked great, but it took almost 2 hours to copy 175 MB from an otherwise idle server. When doing the same copy from a WinXP laptop, it took about 20 seconds.

Any thoughts? Something I should be tweaking?

I've used the Samba server from Windows many times with great performance.