Re: How do I set up dual screen in linux by using NV-TV?

Antti Aspinen wrote:

Hello, I have a TV. It's a old, 1991 bought Philips, 15` and thats all I
know about it. However it is PAL TV, and it uses composite plug to
connect it to antenna. (I am not sure what PAL it is...) And then I have
this nVidia Geforce 2 GTS (from ASUS, model v7700Pro) and it supports
dual screen thought it's connectors (VGA, S-video, Composite). I
connected it with my old good C=64 TV-cable (composite) to that Philips.
Then I downloaded NV-TV from net and tried to set up gnome screen to
that tv, but nothing happened. I tried various configs and that was no
good. (And of course I tried to adjust TV too to find channel.)

Then I booted to WindowsXP Pro, :). And tried samething there. it didn't
either. I still got just black and white in that TV.
And plus, In windows I couldn't get dual screen, like in Linux.
Then I donwloaded program that can edit nVidia Geforce BIOS and tooked a
look what is the encoding standard set. it was in NTSC. However I didn't
changed it.

For connecting to a PAL tv you will need to set the card to PAL encoding. NTSC is not the same.
In general, Europe uses PAL and most other places use NTSC for television.

So before I'll do something stypid I wrote here to ask were I am doing
wrong. And what will happen if I change in GeForce BIOS that NTSC to
PAL. Or do I need a newer cable for connecting that tv to computer.

If someone can help me I would be very very happy. That's because I
could watch DVD movies without buying DVD player or newer TV. :)
And of course for playing quakeworld from my bed. My eyes won't stress
so much.

Thanks

-Antti-