Alsa Xmms which one ?

Well I installed alsa and upgraded to xmms 1.2.10
Although I did the xmms before alsa last night, and alsa tonight.
Suddenly the music I was playing last night plays but no sound! mmm
mysterious.
The small visualization in xmms main screen is jiving away but theres no
sound, The mp3s work I tested them on my debian box, and they worked
last night. it seems to be certain mp3 only though.
I just cant remeber if it was before or after the xmms upgrade that I
played them.

any suggestions.
By the way tried reinstalling xmms but alsa is a lot work and there is
sound,

Chad