Re: fedora devel and mouse

Hi Jean-Eric,

Starting with 2.6.3 the /dev/psaux has been dropped for mouse support. So you will have to edit your XF68Config file and edit your Section "InputDevice" to look like this:

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
       Identifier  "DevInputMice"
       Driver      "mouse"
       Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
       Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
       Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
       Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

This should take care of your problem and X should start again.

Take care,
Michael

Jean-Eric Cuendet wrote:

Hi,
I run fedora devel for some time now with success.
I have kernel 2.6.2-1.87 and wanted to upgrade to 2.6.3-1.253
The kernel booted fine but *no* Xfree! The problem is that there is no
mouse recognized thouh it worked fine before.
If I issue modprobe hid, I have a message saying that keybdev and
mousedev are not available.
Any idea?
thanks
-jec