Re: Installing advanced kernel,configuring mouse:help required

I have a intel chipset motherboard(P III) and donot have any agp card.
As far as I see some modules donot load.For example there is another error

insmod:error cannot insert
'/lib/modules/2.6.4-1.257/kernel/drivers/acpi/toshiba_ac

I cannot play any sound file from text mode using mpg123.
The error is "Can't find a suitable libao driver.(Is driver in use?"

On sunning sndconfig the error comes as

"You don't seem to be running a kernel with modular sound enabled.(soundcore.o
was not found in the modular search path).To use sndconfig you must be
running a kernel with modular sound ,such as the kernel shipped with Red Hat
Linux or a 2.2 or greater kernel."

Anyway the main reason why my X-server don't start seems to be that my
mouse pointer is not setup properly.I get glimses of the blue screen of gdm
but is dumped back to text mode and then my machine tries to set configure
mouse but ultimately fails,asking me to operate in text mode.

Any remedy.Thanks.