Mail : pascal.rapaz@xxxxxxxx

Nigel Wade <nmw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé par : fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx

15.03.2004 10:40
Veuillez répondre à For users of Fedora Core releases

        Pour :        For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
        cc :
        Objet :        Re: Spam Assassin Speed

J. Scott Amort wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After reading through a few threads on Spam Assassin, and given a recent
> increase in the amount of spam arriving in my inbox, I thought I would
> give it a whirl.  It is, however, terribly slow.  I belong to several
> mailing lists, and receive anywhere from 300-500 emails a day.  It seems
> to take Spam Assassin 20-30 seconds or so to process each email!  Is
> this usual?  I have tried both the spamassassin -e and spamc approaches
> to creating an evolution filter, but it made no difference in speed
> either way.  Any tips for speeding things up?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
>
> PS I set things up by following the instructions at:
>
> http://www.atlantawebhost.com/articles/evolution_spamassassin.php

Try running spamassassin in "daemon" mode - i.e. as spamd. Then filter your
messages using spamc. You can run spamd as part of the normal system startup.

The actual spamassassin code is all written in Perl and the startup overhead
is pretty large. When run as spamd you don't have to reload and interpret
the Perl for every message.

E-mail :    nmw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555