Re: FC1 2 3 RH9 10 MDK 6 7 8 9

On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 06:35, Ben Steeves wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 00:21, Chadley Wilson wrote:
>
> > Look I am not trying to be snotty :-> I just cant believe that everthing
> > that is available for linux must have dependencies, If the M$ freaks can
> > get programs to install with install shields then why cant we do it in
> > Linux. Thats all.
>
> That's a question of philosophy.  In Windows, everything one could ever
> need (in terms of API) is either built into Windows or you supply your
> own (which is why you get into the Windows equivalent of dependency hell
> -- DLL conflicts!).  In Linux, various projects build on the base
> established by other projects.
>
> Here, go read this:
> http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/Biculturalism.html
>
> ...it will serve as an acceptable introduction to the differences in
> culture between Windows and Unix.  Then you should read "The Art of Unix
> Programming", linked to in that article.
>
> Cheers,
> 	Ben
> --
> Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs@xxxxxxxxxx
>  The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves@xxxxxx
>    against HTML e-mail          X                GPG ID: 0xB3EBF1D9
> http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves

I have never seen someone trying to install a plugin, be it for a
browser or winamp or whatever have dll problems in windows.
I have mastered every corner of windows from a user side and a technical
side. It what I do for a living and I run the biggest contending PC
production Line in South Africa. Proline Computers.
Chad