Re: mp3encode

On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 17:43, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> Hi I have searched freshmeat, sourceforge, freshrpm and a few others.
> Where do I download mp3encode?
> I downloaded the latest grip3.1.5 which all the sites recommend, but
> lame is just far too slow and now my winamp and xmms wont play the mp3s
> I made. Whats more is cdparanoia is so slow it ridiculous,

Maybe it wasn't you, but I already mentioned that cdparanoia  is set to
run at high paranoia by default.  That will make it much slower
(especially if your CDs have any defects).

Read the cdparanoia man page and it will tell you how to adjust the
settings.

--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs@xxxxxxxxxx
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves@xxxxxx