Re: Can I make icons on desktop smaller (gnome)?

On Mar 11, 2004, at 3:03 PM, thedogfarted wrote:

go to nautilus preferences and set 75% zoom for example, probably you'll want to set desktop font smalle, too

This is what I do on my laptop running Fedora.  It works great!

In addition, I set the panel to a smaller size and also use the special GIMP gtkrc file for reduced-size widgets (well, at least some are smaller). The gtkrc file resides in the GIMP dotfile directory and simply needs to be edited to remove the comment octothorps (#) from the front of the appropriate lines.

It would be nice to be able to have smaller GTK+ widgets in general too. I imagine at least some of it could be controlled by the theme (although some of it would probably be outside the scope). Perhaps I should look into this a bit sometime.

Garrett