Re: LVM pitfalls?

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 07:54, Steve Bergman wrote:
> I have a question about LVM.  If I install FC1 using LVM for the root
> filesystem, and then upgrade to FC2 when it comes out, am I going to
> have any problems?  Or are the LVM implementations 100% compatible?

100% compatible is an oxymoron ;o)

I had problems dual-booting FC1 and FC2test1.  I played with LVM in
FC2test1, and when I tried to boot back into FC1, it couldn't recognize
any Volume groups.  I finally restored the Volume backup on FC1, and
lost FC2.  I tried to replicate this on another machine, but it is
working fine.  Having said that, an upgrade has worked fine for me,
although LVM2 is significantly better than LVM2, so you may just want to
hold off until FC2.

Forrest