Re: MS Intellimice optical 'shutting down' anyone?

Tommy McNeely wrote:
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 23:31:03 -0400, Ben Steeves wrote:

This was happening to me once in a while with a particular USB hub. Usually unplugging/plugging in the mouse would fix it. I replaced the
hub and haven't had the problem since. Interestingly enough, the hub I
replaced was powered, the replacement was unpowered. I don't think
there's a connection, though.

i think it's my problem too - when fc1 boots, i get error from usb.c (connect-debounce failed, port <portnum> disabled), sometimes my logitech optical mouse freezes. When my mouse is plugged in usb port 2, it's port 1 disabled, when i plug my mouse in ps/2 port, it's port 2

Ben -- Ben Steeves _ bcs@xxxxxxxxxx The ASCII ribbon campaign ( ) ben.steeves@xxxxxx against HTML e-mail X GPG ID: 0xB3EBF1D9 http://www.metacon.ca/ascii / \ Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves

Anyhow, I suggest moving it to USB..

i didn't tried to unplug/plug in the mouse (and won't try), i'm using it as ps/2 mouse and i don't have this issue anymore.

Tommy McNeely