Re: Kernel Upgrade Help needed!

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 13:54, Chadley Wilson wrote:
[snip]
> > If you can browse the web I highly doubt it is your firewall.
> Oh, then I have to find out why it wont work!
> Could you help me please?

I had to jump in at this point since I am also facing the same problem
of not being able to "yumdate" my machines.

Now if I am not mistaken it is not the firewall like somebody mentioned.
I am also able to browse the net comfortably.

It is the goddamn proxy squid in my case which is causing all sorts of
problems.

If the OP in this case could go to some sites like the
http://messenger.yahoo.com and try to download the ymessenger for RH 9
in my case it just goes like zzzzt and saves only 1 kb and says download
complete. And this is not only for this site quite a few other sites
have this problem while some others don't.

I know for sure it is squid in my case because if I login to the server
with my acct and export the display to my pc over ssh and run mozilla
like that I can download all the required stuff since I am bypassing the
proxy running on the server in this case or at least I think I am
bypassing the proxy aren't I ??

But sadly I cannot change the squid conf there since I am not the admin
and the bloody admin(hope he is reading this) does not seem to be
interested to do it since he is not going through the server as he has a
static public IP. Damn it.

Is there anyway of tunneling yum through ssh like X or am I dreaming ?

--
Arindam Dey

The mind is not a vessel to be
filled but a fire to be kindled.

GPG FPR: B8E3 219E F129 F970 F4A7  BC50 9636 504A BEDF 5739