Re: Kernel Upgrade Help needed!

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 01:18, David Cary Hart wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 18:09, Chadley Wilson wrote:
>
> > What I need to know is, is there a really really easy way to to this?
> >
> Sure. Which kernel and what problems are you having; configuration or
> compiling it? What are you trying to achieve in contrast to the stock
> kernel?
>
> --
> David Cary Hart, CEO - Drake Schools - http://drakeschools.com
> Hart's PGP key -
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x58A60BB1

Well I have a Lexmark Printer that is suprizingly supplied with drivers
for a 2.6 kernel but I have a 2.4 and when I compile the driver it
crashes. Obviously wrong kernel. I need a quick 2,6 FC1 kernel that
doesn't bogg my USB especially because all my 5 devices work, Oops 4
devices, printer got upgraded.
Where do I get a new kernel, What is vannila and should I use that
maybe.
Is this going to bust my chops for weeks on end?
I have tried about 2 months ago with the 2.6 Kernel and the PC wouldnt
boot the network crashed and more so I was fortunate at the time to have
read another mail from the list where backing up the kernel was
explained and I was able to restore my system.

Chad