Strange problem with crond

Hi:
      I've several machines with Fedora, all of them execute a croned
backup script of my own, and sends report mails. All runs ok but in one
machine never runs.

      The script runs well if launched by hand as root. But if I make an
entry in the root crontab ( crontab -e and '54 15 1-5 * *
/root/copia_seguretat.sh' ) never occurs.

      Taking a look to the /var/log/cron I can see this message:

      "Mar 10 15:54:00 INFOPICK crond[13011]: (tmp.12197) ORPHAN (no passwd
entry)"

      Googling this message i have some explanations about when this can
occur, but all of them says that this happens when the user that launches
the cron job as no entry in /etc/passwd.

      The problem is that is root, and last night I received the logwatch
executed daily by cron ¿?

Any tip?

Regards and TIAS

David Ballester Montolio
Responsable de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
Kern Pharma, S.L.
www.kernpharma.com

GNU!