Re: Why FC-2?

Hamilton, David wrote:

I can certainly see that a fresh install of FC2 would be better than
upgrading from FC1, but what about going between test releases and the
final release?
I have been very happily using yum on my FC1 system, and would be happy
enough to start using FC2 Test1 on my laptop if I knew that I could
update it to FC2 Final just using yum later on.

	D.

The upgrade from test versions to FC1 wasn't supported... and looks like this is not going to be supported officially in FC2 also...
For me this is not a problem , because I'm adept of reinstalling the system at every OS release (or when others OSes start to do bad things..).
But I strongly recommend that you install FC2t1 on a different partition and leave FC1 alone. I'm doing this , because I need to have a working and stable system to do my programs .

--
Pedro Macedo