Re: (OFF TOPIC) Question for any UK DSL users (OFF-TOPIC)

On Monday 08 Mar 2004 4:31 pm, WipeOut wrote:
> roger2 wrote:
> > On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:28:53 -0500, Gerry Maddock
> >

> > Sorry tried to reply off list but the mail was bounced.
> > The connection speed might make a difference but assuming  1meg / 500k
> > / 256k ish try looking at
> > the netgeaer dg834.
> > It's a combined adsl modem and 4 port switch router.

I use a Netgear DG814 combined Router/modem, again with 4 ports

> > I use one at home on my samll netwrok
> > BT will be the local loop provider but you can use other providers.
> > Have a look at Nildram I know a few people who us them.
> > In fact I'm thinking of moveing from BT to them myself.
> > Regards Roger
>
> Yes I would recomend Nildram or Zen.. Zen offer an static IP as standard
> which is nice.. :)

I use Zen Internet since September last year, mainly because I am "camping" at
my present address and most other ISP's only offer 12 month contracts for
ADSL. For an independant opinion of ADSL provision within the UK, look no
further than http://www.adslguide.org.uk/. There is a compare link there
where you can select upto 4 ISP's and compare their performance over the last
several months. My previous ISP was Demon, a good-ish ISP and much better
than BT, otherwise known affectionately (I am sure??) as BT Openwound -
called so because of their propensity to lose emails, I believe.

--
Chris Jones