Re: Graphical Boot Sessions

Redhat moved its display manager info to a generic spot with fedora in /etc/X11/dm. Im using enlightenment and also running xscreensaver when I start up e and this is my setup which should be similar to yours.

Created an enlightenment.desktop file and added it to /etc/X11/dm (see attached file). This has a line "Exec = Custom". You could instead actually put your executable for starting up windowmaker here (look at the other .desktop files in this directory). However when it is set to custom it will then go dig up your ~/.Xclients file and run what you have there.

My .Xclients file looks like this:

#!/bin/bash

exec /usr/X11R6/bin/xscreensaver -no-splash -display :0 &
exec /usr/bin/enlightenment

Put an ampersand after everything except windowmaker - it needs to run in the foreground until you close it down.

Best of luck,
Daniel Stonier