Re: [Hand Holding] was [ANNOUNCE] New mailing list: fedora-selinux

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 12:34:45PM +0000, John Lagrue wrote:

> >I agree that the linux climate is changing, pretty soon there will be a
> >wizard for everything and every moron out there will be using linux and
> >being a self-proclaimed guru.

A self-proclaimed guru  ;-)
   $ rpm -q -a | wc
   1344    1344   26292
$ /usr/lib/rpm/rpmq -a --filesbypkg | wc -l
   268013

> >I think having to explain everything in every announcement is pretty
> >rediculous. It should be common knowledge, even for new windows
> >imagrants to use google.

True, yet a passive aggressive announcement that demands an active
Google, Altivista, Ask Jeeves, LookSmart, Lycos, Webcrawler, Excite,
Yahoo, AOL, MSN, AlltheWeb, HotBot, Teoma, WiseNut, Gigablast,
go.com.... search is rude.

If you understand the purpose of the topic enough to post an
invitation then you also know enough for a one line context and
description.    So explain no, inform and invite yes.

We quibble about subject lines, problem descriptions, top .vs. bottom
posting, and thread use why not this ;-)

On the positive side a Google search minimizes the risk associated
with a bogus posting, bogus list or bogus URL designed to harvest
email addresses, web history, IP addresses or something less than
kind.

> I don't think anyone is asking for an explanation of SELinux. But all
> that was required in the original post was a one-line saying "SELinux is
>    security exhanced Linux: for further details see http://foo.bar";

No not foo.bar....

   http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/index.cfm

> No crime; just missing a little info for those who do not keep abreast
> of all things Linux-ey

I agree -- No crime.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l