[Hand Holding] was [ANNOUNCE] New mailing list: fedora-selinux

Steve Bergman became daring and sent these 1.2K bytes,
> Jeff Vian wrote:
>

> >Please educate yourself, then ask questions about topics where the
> >fine details are not available.  Do not rant because someone else has
> >failed to feed you with a spoon.
>

> Actually, I think Andrew has a point.  We who have been following Linux
> since the early to mid 90's and subscribe to LKML and read LinuxToday,
> LWN, and kerneltraffic on a daily basis do an awful lot of *expecting*
> of newer Linux users to know an awful lot of things.  This is not
> fedora-devel-list.  This is not fedora-test-list.  This is fedora-list.
> Fedora is the closest thing to a home desktop Linux that RedHat has and
> this is the list for the latest stable version.  I would *expect* that a
> lot of newer Linux users would read it.  I hope they do anyway.  We
> really need to drop this elitism thing.  We can't afford it anymore.
>
> To be clear, I'm not specifically criticizing the selinux announcement.
> I'm just saying that in the months and years to come, it is in the best
> interest of Linux and open source in general to recognize that the
> audience is changing.

I agree that the linux climate is changing, pretty soon there will be a
wizard for everything and every moron out there will be using linux and
being a self-proclaimed guru.

I think having to explain everything in every announcement is pretty
rediculous. It should be common knowledge, even for new windows
imagrants to use google. More and more time and energy are being spent
on holding-the-newbies-hand in addition to changing his/her diapers for
them.

Common people, if you do not know something typing google.com is a hell
of a lot easier then typing out an email to bitch.

GOOGLE IT!

--
  . 0 .  Aaron M Matteson - http://cryptosystem.us
  . . 0  Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write,