Re: HTML Links on Evolution

On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 16:53, Youssef Makki wrote:
> Because some people like to use clients like Pine or mutt, I'd think
> html email would look ugly. It also tends to make emails bloated, and is
> the main reason why viruses spread on windows machines; not that it
> affects most of us here, but still another reason to avoid it. Email was
> intended to be in plaintext. Did I miss something?

   Not much of this is true the "Bloat" you cite is rarely more than a <body>
grief.  As for viruses there was one virus transmitted by HTML that only affected
IE (go figure!).
Really, as long as it is kept simple there isn't much disadvantage
unless you want to argue for the folks using PINE or whatever.  Can you
imagine people griping about the bandwith wasted on color tv, cause my
Black & white works fine?

Maybe someone can grip about something better? as of now I'm out of this
subject!

Scott