Re: fedora-list digest, Vol 1 #1205 - 32 msgs

Chris Botha said:
> Ok you said that i should not edit samba.conf directly,

I'm not sure I agree with that, but...

> I uderstand that
> but tell me how do you do that through SSH, look i do not have space for a
> monitor and a keybourd at my server so i have to run it remotely.

Samba-swat provides a HTTP server so you use it via a web browser.  You
could do that either by allowing connections to that web server (by
default it is limited to localhost) or by using SSH to forward the port.

If you want to use the redhat-config-samba you can just forward X over SSH.

> Got some other sugestions. I do not have a huge server room that i do my
> things in.

A lot of people don't.

> But thanks for your advice i wish i could go that way.

You can, you just didn't ask the question of how :-)

--
William Hooper