Re: How do you export an x-session in Fedora

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 08:46:37AM -0500, Edward Croft wrote:

> Trust me, I do, but this coworker refuses to use ssh. He wants rlogin.
> He still is using 6.2. It has taken a lot of pushing just to get him to
> use Fedora.

I saw the "Eureka it works message".

In following this discussion it was unclear if ssh and X worked.

Given the security issues that ssh addresses it is important to get
ssh working between both boxes.  rlogin and ssh can coexist and at
some point rlogin can be turned off when ssh functions and training
fully match the needs.  Root or any user with root or wheel privileges
should only use ssh.

If I recall correctly, at one point a couple years ago there was an
ssh bug that got lots of folks to dust off rsh and telnet because they
were 'more secure' than the buggy ssh.  It did not take long to get a
fix but for a week or so ssh was a risk.   Keep  options handy
but keep the old eye on the goal.

User inertia is real, still constant education can make changes.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	mitch48-at-sbcglobal-dot-net