Re: File system checks

Em Qua, 2004-03-03 às 16:52, Alexander Dalloz escreveu:

> > I am trying to modify Fedora boot process as it relates to the checking of
> > the file system on boot.
> > I want it to check and repair all mounted file systems automatically.
(....)
> touch /.autofsck

It looks like Mike has experienced the same issue that made some of us
crazy: Fedora seems dumber than RH9, for instance, in the matter of
fsck'ing the system after a reboot.

Lets take a look:

At first, Red Hat graphical boot loads and even displays some messages,
but unless you know how to switch to the first virtual terminal, you
won't see any of filesystem messages. So, if in case of a bad reboot, a
newbie can face a stucked graphical boot.

As it doesn't appear, it could be more automatic. But again, fedora just
looks dumber than rh9. It asks more for user action than rh9 (say what
you want, a energy loss gives me WAY MUCH more trouble in a fedora box
than a redhat9 one).

this is my impression on about 20 ex-rh9 boxes that are fedora 1 now.
But hey, that's me. I'm probably wrong, as always.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group