Re: SCSI problem - Adaptec AHA-2940UW adapter in Compac Professional Workstation AP200

On 03/03/2004 02:56 PM, Johnny Smith wrote:

I just have the one scsi adapter [a Compac/Adaptec AHA-2940UW]

thanks

johnny

In that case, I can't explain what you're seeing, but probably the "SCSI BIOS not installed" message is a red herring, and I wouldn't worry about it. At least, I wouldn't worry about it first. Maybe there are two separate channels on that card? Or maybe it's one of the ones where the internal and external sides are enabled independently? Or maybe your scanner doesn't handle active termination well, so that end of the chain isn't terminated? Personally, I think the card is probably OK and it's something else.

I guess, follow the instructions the other respondent sent to get started. Try compaq.com first, and adaptec.com second for bios & firmware updates.