Re: Gnome desktop/windows manager questions

John Thompson wrote:

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:00:16 -0600
"Nix, Robert P." <Nix.Robert@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

The first thing that you're doing wrong is not first searching the newsgroup's archives. The empty drawer thing has been fixed. Search
the archives of the newsgroup for the solution. I think it was
documented in Bugzilla as well. Start looking at about three or four
months ago. This was addressed almost immediately after Fedora Core 1
was released.

Maybe so, but at the moment the archive's "search" function is broken and this is a busy enough list that manually scanning all the messages from "three or four months ago" is impractical.

Perhaps someone else is willing to sharing the secret ritual with me?

And is the problem with adding to the menu items related to this drawer
issue?

And how 'bout window manager configuration?  At the moment only MB2 on
the desktop background gives me a pop-up menu.  Is it possible to create
menus for MB1 and MB3? If so, where is this done? I'm accustomed to
plain text *rc files for doing this, but FC1 seems to rely heavily on
XML config files, nor do I see any obvious place to configure any of
this type of thing.

TIA for any useful responses...

After very little searching (go abt. 3mths back and use Ctrl-F, type drawer, hit search...). Don't know if this solves the problem for you or not tho...

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-December/msg00669.html

Mike