Re: Interchanging GNOME and KDE

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:14:20 +0530, Kaustubh Ghosh <meetkaustubhghosh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well,I recently upgraded to Fedora Core 1 from RedHat Linux 8. Now,I find I cannot interchange between GNOME and KDE from the graphical boot screen.I can change to Failsafe though.Whatever else I choose everything works fine except I logon only to the default session.I can change the default session though from inside.

However,from text mode the 'switchdesk' utility works perfectly without any
problem.

I also had 'xpde' as a alternative desktop but after upgrade I cannot
find it as an option at the boot screen even though my previous
configurations remains intact.Also now my 'kword' doesnot run and I am logged
out if I try to run 'xine'.

Can I get any help?

My computer is generally used for desktop work.

Hi I'm not at a Fedora machine to check but you should find the switch desk app under one of the menus.
I might be in the extra items menu.
But if I remember right you make your change log out and then log in again and it changed.
I used it to change from Gnome to KDE just after I installed fedora.
Regards Roger