Re: CD burning in KDE under FC1

Hmm. I seem to have a package called libmad-0.15.0b-3.fr installed, but I don't know where exactly it came from. Have you been able to use yum sucessfully to install other packages?

try "yum install libmad" perhaps? Although yum is supposed to take care of these things...

Matt Morgan wrote:

Thanks. I tried that. What I noticed happening is, first of all, it acted like it was going to install the i386, the i686, and the athlon versions (I have a pentium 4). Then second it failed in the dependency part when it wanted packages called libmad and libmad.so.0. It said they weren't available. Any idea why, or where I can get those?

Mitch Wiedemann wrote:

I recommend having another try with K3B. It really is a great program. I installed it by adding the following to my yum.conf file:

[xcyb-stable]
name=Fedora Core 1 ( xcyborg / stable )
baseurl=http://rpms.xcyb.org/fedora/1/stable/

[xcyb-bleeding]
name=Fedora Core 1 ( xcyborg / bleeding )
baseurl=http://rpms.xcyb.org/fedora/1/bleeding/

And then run (as root):
yum install k3b

Note, in KDE, be sure that KsCD is not running when trying to burn CDs. It'll cause the burn to fail.

HTH

Matt Morgan wrote:

<snip>
In KDE, I can't figure out what the default GUI tool for CD burning in FC1 is. Who knows? And if there isn't a default GUI tool, you know, if Fedora expects us to use the CLI, do people have recommendations for one I should install? I already tried k3b, which failed on my first attempt to install it, and then I've seen other ones like X-CD-Roast and kreatecd (but I thought I'd ask for help before I picked one and tried harder to get it to work).

-- Mitch Wiedemann mc Computer Consulting mc2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.lightlink.com/mc2