Re: Statistical Package (like Minitab) for Linux

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 13:41, Chris Jones wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 Mar 2004 10:58 am, Peter Boy wrote:
> > Am Di, den 02.03.2004 schrieb Ow Mun Heng um 11:36:
> > > 	Anyone knows of a statistical package for use in Linux?
> >
> > STATA is available for Linux, AIX and others (ok - and Windows )
> >
> Also, SAS is available for Linux, but is probably well beyond your budget.
> Have a look at http://www.sas.com/ for more information.
>
> Chris Jones,

Yep.

I have not looked in a while, but the last time that I checked on SAS
pricing (for a single user under Windows), it was in the neighborhood of
$5,000 U.S. per year to include BASE, STAT and GRAPH, which are the
three core components that you would need for a "complete" package.

Keep in mind that the SAS licensing is annual and requires renewal or
the product will not function beyond the license term. The pricing is
really out of the range of personal use and even for small business.

I reiterate my recommendation for R, which is free and open source. I
say that BTW as a former SAS user.  :-)

Marc Schwartz