Re: smallest possible installation.

Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
is there a possibility to install in textmode a little, core installation
with network in order to install the rest we need over internet (i.e. yum, apt) ?

thx
tobias

Wrong list, Tobias. Please try it again on fedora-test-list@xxxxxxxxxxx

Wait, why is this the wrong list? This has nothing to do with the Fedora test release, and seems like a good question for a broader audience. Or possible the -devel list, but I suspect the first question is whether anybody thinks this is a good idea.

The FC1 installation already has an option for a 'minimal install' that works quite well. You can even use a network-install to install that minimal set, then add whatever else you want with yum/apt/up2date/whatever.

I presume that FC2 in it's actual non-test release form (when it occurs) will also include this ability.

If you want to get something like this added in to the test releases earlier, that would indeed be an appropriate discussion for the fedora-test-list, where the test-release users hang out.

Most of us have our hands full with making sure the 'stable' Fedora release (currently FC1) works properly for everyone.