laptop without floopy...disable in kernel and boot cdrom

I have a dell inspiron 5100 running fdc 1 and xp. My system does not come with a floppy. So there are a few things I'd like to do:

1. How do I disable the floppy drive in the kernel? When I shut my laptop down I get an error similar to:
"insmod floppy...failed"

2. Since I do not have a floppy I'd like to create a boot disk on a cd and I'd also like to put grub on cd. I've searched the net for about 2 months trying to get a boot disk and grub on cds. Any help or links appreciated.

Fast. Reliable. Get MSN 9 Dial-up - 1 month FREE! (Limited-time Offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/