Re: LaTeX (tetex) files?

Daniel Stonier wrote:

> I'm not sure if it helps, but I have a bunch of style files I use that are
> non-tetex standard. The easiest way I've found to manage them while
> updating or re-installing the OS is to keep them in directories on my work
> partition somewhere and then set up symlinks to them in
> /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex.

This isn't really necessary.
If you put the files in ~/texmf/tex/latex
(and run texhash as you say)
they should be found.

The actual directories where tex/latex looks for files
is specified in texmf.cnf in the official tree.
"kpsewhich texmf.cnf" should tell you where this is.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366