Re: LaTeX (tetex) files?

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 03:21:36 +0100, Manuel Carro <mcarro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi. I am an old-time LaTeX user, and I am missing some files in the LaTeX distribution which comes with FC1 + updates. For example, the utopia font package (utopia.sty) and listings package are not in place. In can copy them from some other machine, but I prefer not to mess with system-installed files. Has anyone had the same problem? Should I update tetex to the FC2 packages? Which distribution: fedora.us or fedora.redhat?

    Thanks in advance for all and any help.

I'm not sure if it helps, but I have a bunch of style files I use that are non-tetex standard. The easiest way I've found to manage them while updating or re-installing the OS is to keep them in directories on my work partition somewhere and then set up symlinks to them in /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex.

Dont forget to run texhash to update latex's database afterwards! Then its just a matter of using the style files as usual.

Cheers.

-- Daniel Stonier snorri_dj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://members.optusnet.com.au/stonierd/