Re: I need advice about hardware :) Tv tuner, Video card,etc..

Adam Voigt wrote:
I don't personally have it running, but a friend of mine has an ATI 9800
Pro, that works fine.

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 13:59, Robin Laing wrote:

Did you get 3d working properly with your ATI 9600. I gave up on the ATI and purchased a NVidia.

-- Robin Laing

As the question was in regards to a new system. I wanted to make sure that 3D was clarified. For this reason I would not recommend the ATI card. This was the reason that I dumped my ATI.

Now I know why people like Tux Racer, my daughter loves it. :)

ATI acutally states on their site (as of January) that their drivers don't do 3D on the 9600. For many games, 3D will be required and for a new machine, it may be wanted.

--
Robin Laing