I am running Fedora Core 1 in a dual boot system with
Win XP.  I have a Compaq Presario 2580US Laptop, 40GB
Hd, 512 MB Ram, 802.11g wireless card,
10/100NIC,DVD/CDRW.

I have partitioned the hard drive with ParttionMajic
to accept Linux.  I have installed Fedora and can boot
to it, and I can boot to XP.

The problem starts when I boot to Fedora Core.  It
starts to run, I get a picture of a computer on the
screen, and once the phrase "setting up local disks"
shows beside the picture of a computer it stops
performing any actions and locks the computer.  I have
to reboot to do anything.  Fedora core does not load.

If anyone can help me get Fedora Core to boot, I would
appreciate it.

=====
Chris Stringer
cstringer18@xxxxxxxxx