Installing GNOME from sources!

Hey all!!

I've been trying to install GNOME 2.4 from sources... but have been unable till now...

To avoid a mess, I decided to install the new GNOME packages under /opt. That meant that the new libraries and the header files would be installed in /opt/lib and /opt/include. So, I had to set the $PKG_CONFIG_PATH to /opt/lib/pkgconfig (by issuing
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/lib/pkgconfig) so the pkgconfig utility searched /opt/lib/pkgconfig before the usual /usr/lib/pkg-config. I had also added the line /opt/lib to the file /etc/ld.so.conf. Moreover, the usual ./configure was replaced by ./configure --prefix=/opt so the installation folder was /opt.

But the thing is... when it tries to find the dependencies... it doesnt find the files I had just installed... even tho if I check the $PKG_CONFIG_PATH  it gives me the correct one I've set....

Its a Mdk 9.1 with GNOME 2.2!! Since its a Fedora list... I dunno if I am sposed to send MDK Linux related issues!! Pls lemme kno if its ok... and if so pls lemme kno what seems to be the problem....

Thanks in advance

I'm trying to install it with this referrence URL

Keep on rockin in the free world!

Everything under the sun is in tune,
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon!