Re: Second Ethernet

It would appear the irq situation is not the problem. Why would I worry about the mac being bound to a specific ethX? Ever hear of kudzu? It works, you know. In any event, I believe I've traced the problem to upgrades being done on the adephia cable network. I still have one of the "old" modems so I can't change anything. It would seem that even though the modem can be made to see the new mac, the system won't assign an ip to a mac that it hasn't seen through that modem. Once I get the new modem it should work. Until then I guess I'm just screwed.

Nick

Aaron Matteson wrote:
Axel IS Main became daring and sent these 3.8K bytes,

I actually tried that, but this stupid bios won't do it. For some reason
it won't put the second nic on a different IRQ. Still, I don't think
that's the problem any more. I took the second nic out and configured
the remaining nic to DHCP. It still didn't pick up the ip, etc., from
the cable modem. Man, I miss the days of having 5 IPs and a straight
line to the net!

No need to change irq's if this is a PCI nic, they are automatically
asigned differently unless you have a buggy BIOS. And you can bind
your MAC address to a specific ethX.