Re: FedoraCore1-2.6.3 Kernel Errors

Murali P wrote:

Hello I installed the RPMś relating to the
2.6.3-2.1.204 having downloaded the same from the link
given on http://fedoranews.org/jorge.
I am able to boot without any difficulty.However, the
following problems occur :
1. I´ve installed and configured ALSA packages.But
sound doesn´t start on next boot, I am required to run
¨ alsaconf"each time on fresh boot.

This is a bother with FC2 Test 1 also. Usually it is only needed to open up the sound mixer and move the volume control up a bit.

Anyway, there is sone way to have alsa save the sound settings in the archives of the FC2 list. I just open up the sound mixer and adjst the volume level.

2. It is given in the docs at the above URL that 2.6
kernel does not require SCSI emulation for
CD-writing.But cdrecord does not seem to work.

Try replacing ide-scsi with ide-cd in the grub file. I have had sucess with ide-cd for the 2.6 kernel.

Jim

Could you kindly provide me with tips to overcome
these problems.
Thanks in advance.
Murali