Re: gsview & libgs.so

Jason Ronallo wrote:
I'm trying to use gsview as my gui for ghostscript. Ghostscript is the latest stable fedora provided version. I keep getting the error that libgs.so is not found. I've seen from searches that this was a problem with previous redhat versions. Has anyone had trouble with getting gsview to work on fedora? Any solutions?

Where did you get gsview from and how did you install it?
It doesn't seem to be part of Fedora at all that I can see (Fedora uses ggv for it's preferred postscript GUI).

I also don't see any libgs installed, so I'm not surprised that you can't find it.

I'm trying to use it with Scribus:
http://www.atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/gsview.html
This page suggests changing something in the source RPM. Is this still necessary? How would I go about doing that?

1) get ghostscript SPRM 2) use rpmbuild to unpack into your build directory 3) edit the spec file as noted 4) use rpmbuild on the modified spec file to build a new binary rpm.