Re: QT

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 17:17, Mike Bos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> running make xconfig on my RedHat 8.0 went and goes fine with older kernels,
> but
>
> --- cut ---
>
> [root@el-cajon linux-2.6.3]# make xconfig
> make[1]: `scripts/fixdep' is up to date.
> *
> * Unable to find the QT installation. Please make sure that the
> * QT development package is correctly installed and the QTDIR
> * environment variable is set to the correct location.
> *
> make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/.tmp_qtcheck] Error 1
> make: *** [xconfig] Error 2

You could try 'make gconfig' if you have gtk2 installed. Its mostly the
same, although its not as stable as the qt based xconfig.

try 'apt-get install qt-devel' this should install qt-devel and qt if it
isn't installed. If you have the cds, just install kde software
development and you will get qt-devel. I would go for apt-get install
qt-devel. If you r onnection is fast enough that is.

Or lastly, you could look for qt-devel and qt on the install cds and
install directly.

Maynard